Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Morning Glory Hallelujah

I have a whole trellis of these.

This one's name is Bluie.

Bluie will only last about half the day.

The sun gets high

he'll wilt and die.

Then, tomorrow morning,

right as rain,

there'll be more of 'em

out there again...




And, another thing. THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, people. Try to remember that.
I went swimming this morning and discovered I didn't have my goggles or cap.
I realized I must have left them in the shower after my last swim. So I go out
and talk to the man at the desk and he takes me back to the lost and found room
and we look through a box of old junk people have lost but my goggles and cap
AREN'T there, naturally, cause if they were I wouldn't be writing all this and
having such a fit about the fact that someone STOLE my goggles and cap
instead of simply turning them in to the guy at the desk and so what I want to
know is WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! How could anyone be so low and
decrepit as to steal some old rotten goggles and some creepy latex swimming cap?
I mean, it's the act of an absolute cretin!

I know it's my fault for leaving my stuff and I definitely am worried about how
often this happens because it is probably the beginning of the end for me, you
know what I mean? Today my goggles, tomorrow my name!

I guess I'm going to have to get a t-shirt printed that says:

If I walk away and leave my stuff
for Godsakes tell me. Thanx.

or

If you found it
it's probably mine.

or maybe just:

I'M A LOSER!

Here's a happy thought, though. Maybe when you die and go to heaven and you
meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates and he tells you all about where you are and
what to expect inside and who really killed Jimmy Hoffa, then maybe he gives
you a box with your name inscribed on it and inside is all the stuff you've lost.
Wouldn't that be a treat? There's that favorite aggie marble; a pile of barbie
clothes; several cardigan sweaters; keys; glasses; that perfect arrowhead that
The Man found in the Piute Mountains and had made into a pendant for you
that you lost at some stupid Wendy's restaurant, which he was bemoaning the
loss of JUST THIS MORNING WHICH IS ABOUT 30 YEARS AFTER THE FACT
and which made you feel like a hopeless dimwit all over again; books and
phonograph records; receipts...lots of receipts, coins and (surprisingly) cash;
jewelry, especially earrings...

Just think about it.
All the things you've lost.
They're being kept in a box.
Waiting for you
to collect them again.

I have a feeling my box is gonna be a big one.

Posted by Picasa



1 comment:

TomC said...

I am sorry for your loss Meri. Also happy... because it inspired you to craft another damn fine package of bon mot.