Monday, May 11, 2009

Sharing My Pain

I'm having my wisdom tooth removed today.

At least I think I'm having it removed.

My dentist attempted it in 2007. He failed.

Now, I'm going back for more. This time
to an oral surgeon who is supposed to be
someone who does this kinda thing for a
living and who should be able to get the
job done without having a conniption fit
because he sees some bright orange thing
that he says he doesn't think is a tumor, which is what happened
with my regular dentist two years ago and which doesn't probably make any sense
to anyone reading this, but it does to me and that's why I'm so nervous.

I have diarrhea and a headache. I was moaning and standing motionless in the middle
of the room then I sat down with my head in my hands.

The Man told me to relax, to read something, so I just finished reading all the horror
cases of wisdom tooth extractions on the internet.

That's probably not what he had in mind.

In exactly one hour I'll be in the chair having some overly cheerful girl clipping a bib on me.

I'll post again...as soon as I'm able...if I'm able...to let you know how it all went.

I wonder. Will they let me take my tooth home to put under my pillow?

I'm so scared.

1 comment:

TomC said...

In tribute to Gomer Pyle, I hope everything comes out okay! In tribute to Country Joe McDonald and you, "I am scared S___less!" And now, as a matter of speculation, how do you think your Native American ancestors took care of the problem? You see, it could be worse (lame rationalization).