Friday, February 22, 2008

On Snoring

i woke up with what i thought was a sore throat
but a few minutes after getting up and drinking a glass of water
i realized i no longer had the sore throat
it must have been a “snore” throat

The Man tells me i snore
he mentions it the next morning
tells me how he tried to wake me up and get me to stop
without success
he attempts to remember my snoring
then he imitates me

i’m sure i don’t snore
only disgusting people snore
people who have bad teeth and live in the bushes
people who have no friends and scratch themselves in inappropriate places
people who scare children and small animals with their sickening smile

The Man snores
he snores like a banchee
like a ship under full sail on a mighty ocean
like a parade of ten thousand sumo wrestlers
and sometimes like cotton balls falling on brittle leaves

i wonder if, in the night, we snore in unison
creating some kind of atonal sonata
each movement full of b flats and dissonants
an adagio to dream by
our nocturnal duet

No comments: