Saturday, July 26, 2008

Baby Bird

My niece, Lane Michelle aka "Laney-Bird"
(or, as in my previous post, "L-Bird"),
gave birth to a 7.5 pound Baby Bird on July 23, 2008 at 4:45 a.m.

Mother, Father and Baby are all happy and fantastic!
Baby Bird was born on her mother's birthday.
Baby Bird's name is Lane Elizabeth and they'll call her "Elle."

This was hard for The Man to understand.
"Why'd they name her Lane if they're going to call her Elle?"
I explained, "Because her first name is Lane...starts with "L"...Elle...get it?"
He didn't get it. His faced was all scrunched up in the huh? position.
"And," I continued, "her middle name is Elizabeth..."E"..."L-E"...Ellie...get it?"
He didn't get that either and I think this is where he swallowed his tongue from
thinking so hard.
"So, you can call her Lane, Elle or Ellie, or how about Baby Ellie-Bird?"
But, I don't think he heard me, what with all the choking going on.

I received email photos of the baby this morning.

There's just something about the face
of a newborn that takes your breath away.
It grabs you and pulls you into a stream of
consciousness and contemplation beyond words,
to a place of awe and mystery,
a place of astonishment.
of wonder,
of purity.

I just love miracles.

And, baby miracles are the best ones!

No comments: