Thursday, August 6, 2009

Don't Try This At Home

This is my new jar!
Say hello to "Jar-Boy."
Jar-Boy is very big
and he only cost me
75 cents!

That right, 75 cents!

Got him at a garage sale.

4 pounds of thick glass,
shiny with good lines.

He was all dirty and
had a bunch of duct
tape strung all over
his top rim and lid.

But, I could see right off that he was special.

I took him home, cleaned him up, and lookie! He's so fine. Not a scratch or a ding.

So, then I started telling The Man my plans for Jar-Boy's future.

"I'm going to fill him with giant dill pickles, like that man used to sell for 13 cents at the
Narbonne Market in Lomita," I said

"I could let Jar-Boy hold all our spare change!"

"We could light up the whole house if we filled Jar-Boy with fireflies."

"Or, cookies! Yes! Let's make Jar-Boy the Official Cookie Jar of Lime Plant City!"

"And, then if he works hard and gets good grades in school he might one day be President.
President Jar-Boy!"

Finally, The Man grunted and looked up from his computer. He said he knew one
thing Jar-Boy couldn't hold.





Hah! I sure showed him!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: