Thursday, March 5, 2009

A New Me...me

My name is Mimi,
with zee accent on
zee second "mi.'
Ooh, la la!

I am a pert, French
coquette living in Rome.
Zis place eez zo gauche.

I meece my Tour Eiffel.
I need my fromage du brie.
I could keel for un bit of baguette.

Zee boyz won't leef me alone.
I am zer femme fatale.
I am zo bored wiz dem.
I vant to be alone.
I vant to only be viz me
because I am zo speziale,
so beeutiful,
so....


What's happened you ask?
Why has my named changed?
Why am I suddenly French?
Why am I speaking with a French accent when
I'm supposed to be studying my Italian?

I got a haircut.
What else?

Yesterday I cut my hair.
Then The Man cut my hair.
Then I cut my hair some more.

Now, instead of looking like an old, beat up Thunderbird,
I look like a 1964 Renault Caravelle.
"Tres chic."

And, I can prove it. Today hurrying on my way to school
in the rain a taxi actually stopped for me and allowed me
to cross the busy street RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
"Merci, mon ami!"

Another man held a door open for me as I trudged up
the stairs to my classroom.
"Quelle surprise!"

No one pinched my derriere as I walked home.
But, alas, only my hair cut is new,
it's not like I got a complete body lift or anything.
Still...the little Mimi in me was disappointed.
"Ca ne fait rien."

Now I'm home after my excellent Italian lesson.
I've changed classes. Instead of going on Monday
and Wednesday, I'm going on Tuesday and Thursday.
My first teacher had the maddening, typically Italian
habit of showing up for class 20 minutes late and ending
the class ten minutes early. She was out sick again yesterday,
her fourth sick day. I am not sympathetic, compassionate
or patient when I'm paying for something. "Zut alors!"

So, I complained on Monday and was told I could
start going to the Tuesday class with Senora Caravelle.
Well, let me tell you, she is fantastico! I am zo happee!

I have a new, better Italian class and a new, better hairstyle.
"Vive la difference!"

The Man has a randy look in his eye, a certain je ne sais quoi. Hmmmm.
It's probably his cataract acting up...however, he has mentioned that he likes
my new look, my new do, my "coiffeur..."

"C'est magnifique, mon conquette, mon croissant, mon crepe, mon leetle creme brulee."

He must be really hungry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the photo??I want to see your new doo.Tommy