Monday, May 19, 2008

Chicken Legs

This morning I was thinking about the time we were checking in at the Fiumicino Airport in Rome for a return flight to O.

The Italian security checker went through the usual questions asking whether we had packed our own luggage, were we carrying any electronic devices, etc. Then he asked me in perfect English, "How many chicken legs do you have?"

Now I'm pretty quick, but it took me about 15 seconds to consider his question. I thought he must be making a joke about the ongoing spate of bird flu epidemic resulting in Roman supermarkets clearing their shelves of all poultry.

I replied to the security guy, "Chicken Legs?"

He rolled his eyes and said, "No. How many CHECK IN BAGS do you have?"

At least he laughed, which is a rarity with security people.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

The story was good, the picture was better! Where did you find it?

Waiting for the Big Giant said...

kimi,

i googled the clucker.