Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fluffy and Muffy Hit Versailles

I have to say that F & M are the worst looking shoes I've seen in Paris. But, I don't tell them that because they are serving me well. I've walked many miles already and climbed in and out of the Metro stations, but my feet are happy and dry. So, this entry is dedicated to my shoes. This trip wouldn't be as enjoyable without them.

It wouldn't be as enjoyable without The Man either, but he talks back to me. He gets demerits for that.

We took a train out to Versailles on Tuesday morning. Cool, but sunny. We entered the gates and just stood there. It's an impressive sight, immense and full of prople. We asked the gatekeeper if we could go around back without paying any entry fee. He said, "oui, oui!" So, we didn't go in the palace or have tea with the King, but we did go in the backyard. And, it's a very big backyard.

Afterward, outside the grounds of Versailles, we talked to a bus driver (who spoke excellent English) who said he could take us back toward the center of Paris, then he gave directions on how to proceed after we left his bus. He was so friendly and kind. In fact, everyone we've dealt with has been helpful and pleasant.

We got back to Paris just fine. Later that afternoon, we took another long bus ride all over the center of Paris, the Lourve, d'Orsay, Tuillerie areas. It was great. We got a feel for the layout without wearing ourselves out.

It's really great here. We both like it and the people. We could live here.

I'm feeling pressure to get a move on. Paris awaits. Must go hitch up Fluffy and Muffy.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

mer,you are in the "center of fashion"! I know you love M&F, but maybe, just maybe, don't you think you might be able to acquire comfortable footwear with just a tad more style? Don't get me wrong, M&F have there place. Just give this a thought. I only say this as a friend who cares. Call it "pedervention".
xoxo
k

ps. Paris sounds lovely!

Kimi said...

oops, should spell check, I meant "their" not there.
(correction)