Sunday, April 27, 2008

Global Shift

Things To Do Today: Pack.

Things To Do Tomorrow: Suffer.

I'm flying back to O in the morning. I'm not sure how I feel about this, although it hardly matters since it's out of my hands. The ticket has been issued. I'm a goner.

I'm returning to get to work on all that needs to be done. The Man will remain here for another week, wrapping up what has been done.

It's not easy contemplating going back to O-land. My brain doesn't want to wrap around the concept. It sputters and goes "Huh?!" whenever I try to make it think about being back there.

My brain has Transition Deficit Disorder (TDD).

So, maybe the eighteen hours of travel time are a good thing. A brain-numbing buffer between here and there.

Buffers are good. I'll have a double, please.

2 comments:

TomC said...

Meri... one thing about the "O" state. There are plenty of barns where you can "...let that sucker fly"! Your blog entries are delightful reading. Thank you again for the thoughtful hospitality in your beloved Roma.

Waiting for the Big Giant said...

hi tom,

wow. a comment. thanks for writing. i hope your trip to italy was fun and interesting. oh, and that you found your brunello!

m